Sunday, January 15, 2012

well look what the wind blew in

yesterday i was pretty excited since my family was coming down to visit with my grandparents from out of town! i love getting to see my family and i was really thrilled to show them a little of my neck of the woods. we first had lunch at one of my favorite pasta shops victoria's for some of their homemade pasta dishes and local brews. we then walked next door to snack on sweet treats at crimson & whipped cream.







i love going here for treats because the suspense of what they will have baked that day is half the fun! that day we were treated to whoppie pies, oatmeal cream pies and ginger snaps...mmm. i'm especially a big fan of their freshly brewed iced teas served in mason jars. plus if you have time to hang out there they have loads of board games and a photo booth (my mom's personal favorite).

since the weather was uncommonly warm, we walked a bit around the campus touring the stadium and ending up at the library. the library is probably one of my favorite places on campus since it has such amazing architecture and landscaping (plus i spent the most time there while in college!). here is a snapshot from one of my favorite rooms in the library...
 

gorgeous right?! soon after my family had to head back home which felt all too soon and all i could do was think of more things i needed to show them! i suppose it will have to be saved for next time and the next time..and the next....

hoping your saturday was lovely as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.